Monday, June 1, 2009

Make Room at the Table-

Oh, how I wish the Spokane and Coeur d'Alene community of birth professionals was healthy and happy. But, sadly I see isolation, territorial attitudes and fierce competition. The main problem is a lack of mutual respect for other kinds of midwives, doulas and educators. That's right ladies- simple R-E-S-P-E-C-T goes a long ways. We all want to promote natural childbirth, the midwifery model of care, and out-of-hospital options for birthing families. Why can't we work together and promote one another for the sake of serving our community? This is my prayer for North Idaho and Spokane.
Check out this post here from Midwifery Today. Well put.
Terri

1 comment:

Tine said...

Terri,
I am with you on this one. I hope that http://www.bloomspokane.com will be part of the solution! Especially since it is run by a neutral third-party (me).

Best,
Tine